Visit South Africa
Located on Africa’s southern tip, South Africa is often referred to as the “Rainbow Nation” as it is a country and nation rich in diversity. With 11 official languages, a spectacular array of fauna and flora, picturesque landscapes and exhilarating activities, the abundance of experiences on offer ensures that many visitors return again and again. South Africa is a great family destination with a variety of child friendly accommodation and activities throughout the country. The plethora of wildlife across the assorted game reserves and national parks are perfectly complemented by beautiful beaches along the 2,500 km stretch of coastline.
South Africa highlights
- Take a cable car up the iconic Table mountain for magnificent city views
- Catch sightings of the Big 5 in the pristine wilderness of South Africa’s premier game reserve, the Kruger National Park
- Relish the scenic splendour of the Garden Route with its stunning mountains and lagoons, forests and beaches
- Explore the remote and rugged Elephant Coast
- Discover Cape Town with its many diverse attractions and join a tour to the spectacular Cape Peninsula, with highlights such as Chapman’s Peak Drive and Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Step back in time at the Cradle of Humankind, home to around 40% of the world’s human ancestor fossils
- Visit one of the largest concentrations of significant battles in South Africa, the KwaZulu Natal’s Battlefields area, which is rich in history of the British military war with the Anglo-Boer and Anglo-Zulus
Unforgettable experiences – our insider suggestions to the best things to do in South Africa
Under the African stars
Sleep out under the African stars in a tree house, surrounded by the sounds of the bush at night. This remarkable experience is available at several game lodges.
Go cage diving with the Great White Sharks that frequent the waters around Gansbaai.
Take the leap and try a bungee jump
Find an adrenalin rush on the Power Swing at the Moses Mabhida Stadium (Durban), or bungee jump off the Bloukrans Bridge at Storms River
Cook with “Auntie”
Learn how to cook traditional Cape Malay food like a real Cape Malay “Auntie”. A unique way of learning more of the culture and history of the Cape Malay people in South Africa.
Hike through the African bush
Explore the African bush on foot during a multi-day wilderness hike through the renowned Kruger National Park.
Fancy a spot of golf while you spot wildlife?
Play a round of golf at Leopard Creek, designed by Gary Player and bordering the Kruger. Spot crocodiles and hippos in the river and antelope crossing the greens as you play.
Learn to surf in South Africa’s surfing capitol at Jeffrey’s Bay. The annual J-Bay Open draws in world class surfers from across the globe who come to surf the legendary right-hand break Supertubes.
Explore the crystal chamber
Get wet & dirty as you explore 2,000 meters into the heart of the Sudwala Caves on a Crystal Tour. Wade through water, scramble up and down rocks and crawl through small tunnels until you reach the crystal chamber with its amazing array of sparkling aragonite crystals.